February 16, 2012

If I Had a MIllion Dollars

The Barenaked Ladies released this song about what he would do if he had a million dollars.



Every once in a while I think about what i would do if I had a million dollars.

Somethings never change, but some do...

Some things are taken off the list not because I have it or done it, but some other things because more important at the time.

A CBT I was seeing told me to stop thinking of what I would do because it contributes to my depression.  I feel it takes me away from my depression while I dream.  I have lottery tickets in my purse, they are due to be checked but I always take a long time to check them because as long as I don't know I can keep dreaming...

So what would I do if I had a million dollars?

Well lets see (in no particular order):

  • I would pay off my debts, credit cards, line of credit, car loan, mortgage
  • I would renovate my house, new kitchen, knock down a wall here and there, new flooring, hardwood, tiles, some carpet, new doors, some paint here and there, shower in the basement...
  • Do some redecorating, fix up the home office to be more functional.
Well there goes about $500,000.00 already....

  • I would take a month off work and take a trip with the kids, two weeks Disney, two weeks Maritimes. (with mortgage paid I may take work with income averaging and stop working compressed. Let's face it if housing is 1/3 the cost, I can take better care of myself)
  • Put a few K's aside for landscaping  (it's winter, I don't landscape in winter)  Some nice round edges, multilevel (cascade?) and a pond (I have a small front and back yard BUT I can still see some nice options)  I can see walls of planters in the back yard for the veggies and herbs.  Yes a wall built of planters one on top of the other with enough room in between for plants to grow, saw this in a Saigon design.

  • I would ensure that my kids education is covered (to a point, we are not talking about 10 years of post secondary studies here it IS after all only 1 million, not 10)
The rest would be taken up with some smaller luxuries to help make my life better.  Make my home a haven.

What would you do with a million dollars?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...