April 30, 2012

Sounding Like a Broken Record

I know, I am at it again.

I am trying to figure out if I caught a bug or if it's just the Chronic Fatigue acting up.

Initially I thought it was the CF that has been flaring over the last few days.  Dry throat in the morning, weakness, extra tired, more pain all around.  Mild fever.  - very mild.  Migraines

Yup sounds about right, sounds like CFS acting up.  Even though the fibromyalgia is pretty much always there, the CFS tends to come in spurts lasting from a few days to several months.  I am always a little afraid when I get a spurt as I don't know how long it will last.  I keep hoping for a short spurt as going to work everyday, even at a relatively easy job like mine is very difficult during these times.  My life winds up being a variation of the last week. 

Last week, by Wednesday, I could barely function by the time I got home.  Forget about cooking or cleaning.  Forget also about reading or playing my computer games, these were also at a bare minimum.  I could just plop on the couch until it was time to go to bed.  The weekend was just resting and napping, again as little cleaning and cooking as possible. Going up and down the stairs was almost impossible.

So I have been thinking that I have hit a CFS flare.  This morning, looking at my son's flushed face, I started doubting this theory of mine.  Maybe it's just a bug?

If it's a bug, chances are it's almost over.  Maybe it's not my attempt at exercising more last week and the weekend before.  Maybe it's just a cold without sneezing or coughing or clogged sinuses.

It could be right?  Pretty bad when the concept of a regular cold cheers one up, but there you have it.

I am hoping this is just a cold.

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...