November 16, 2012

Complications

As you know, I am on sick leave till January and have applied for EI.

Well things are not going too well on that front.

I have been filing my reports, every week and two weeks... fastiduously since I stopped working, even for when I knew I would not qualify.

Eventually, work sent my ROE to EI.  3 weeks later.  It was determined that I qualified from October 28th.

As I was paid sick leave for the 29th, that was declared on both my ROE and my report.

At first they said since I was getting sick leave for the whole two weeks that I would not qualify.  I called to have that fixed.  Thought it was fixed.  She told me that on Thursday I would get the payment fot the first week and on Friday I would get my payment for the second week.

By the end of Thursday I had not gotten the money, figured it would be paid on Friday.

Friday I look at my account and see the second week but not the first.

So I call.  They say that I had gotten earnings from working plus sick day so I qualified for nothing

I say I did not work or earn, they blame it on my ROE.  Call my advisor to send in a corrected ROE.  I contact my advisor, she says the ROE is correct.

She calls her support, spoke to Carole and had it confirmed that it was correctly done, I have to call back.

I call back and I get a third story, seems there was a new data entry error, something was not corrected.

Patty put me on hold to figure out how to correct it.

They all agree (the four people I spoke to, 2 the first day, 2 the second time) that I qualify for a little over 200 for that week but none can get it resolved it seems.

Mind you everytime I call I am on hold for 20-30 minutes...

Why can't my life be simple?

I would not need sick leave at all if my life was simple!

Thanks for reading.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...