May 18, 2012

American Express --Lousy Customer Service....

So, American Express is calling me several times a day on my cell phone and at home. don't leave a message. I call them back and they transfer me to the debt collection department. The guy tells me that I am over 60 days late making a payment... This shocked me as I was supposed to have a large credit on my account and it should have paid any charges I could have put on it since February. Turns out that fraudulent charges had not been cancelled as expected and with charges made in March (payable April 7) Put me in owing...


We are May 18th, April 7th to May 18th is not over 60 days as he claimed. Anyways, I try to explain to him how I do not owe anything due to fraudulent charges... all he wants is a commitment to pay... he's been calling me every 2 hours today to get me to pay..., little excessive. Anyway exasperated that he will not listen to reason I finally hang up on him. I get home and call their client service department to investigate why the fraudulent charges had not been debited to my account yet... They did find the initial claim but it got lost in translation. Finally the adjustment is done and get this they owe ME money. So I am 45 days late in paying what they owe me so they send me to collections and call me every two hours. They lost my business.... I am quite amazed I actually kept my cool....


 Now should I call back the collections guy (next week) and ask him what I should commit to pay????

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...