January 12, 2013

Back @ Work

My return to work has been so far fairly uninteresting for anyone, including myself.

Sunday to Monday night I barely slept, I was so so very nervous.  I go up extra early to start getting ready and wound up watching TV for a few hours.

I get to work and I get a lot of uncomfortable questions from people like "How are you?" and "Are you happy to be back?"

My boss tried to cage the extend of my limitations by asking question about what kind of activities involve stressful reactions.

Duh, the letter said so, I can't take calls.  I can do anything that doesn't involve having to deal with people.

People are my stressors.  He doesn't need to know that I have social phobia.  He needs to know that I have a medical reason for avoiding taking calls from irate or difficult clients.  I mentioned to him that the job description which was being used was very out of date and did not include the new program or the increased back up.

Anyway, so for the week i was given very little to do, which was good on Friday but not the other days.

On Friday, I was sick.  I could barely stay awake at work, I could not read or focus for the life of my and was scared driving home in the freezing rain feeling like that.

When I got home I crashed for the next 18 hours (almost).  I did wake up to give medications to a cat I am currently babysitting, take my pills but otherwise, I slept and was pretty much out of it until Saturday morning.


Well that' it, thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...