January 27, 2013

Life Goes On

As you know I am back at work and my silver lining luck is holding out.

What is silver lining luck you say?  Sounds good does it not?

Silver lining luck is bad luck with a silver lining.  Bad luck that could have been worst but was saved from the worst scenario by a smidgen.

Last time I had to file my EI report for my last week of EI, I had to call then because I declared that I had returned to work the second week of my report.  It took a few days to reach them so my half payment was delayed by a few days.

Last week I found out that my paycheck would be delayed (or reduced?) as I had an over-payment of vacation.

I have no money and bad things happen but it could be a lot worst.  For example, I have food to feed us, I have a roof over our head and during the worst of the deep freeze we were warm.  I also have a car that works, has good tires and gas in it. Now I am scared that insurance will not cover me as I probably screwed up the phone interview but at least my part-time pays as much as full EI. It would be nice to have more as my bills are more and the cost of going to work (gas\parking) is putting a further strain on my budget, it could definitely be worst.

Another new thing that is happening is that I have started group therapy for social phobia.  It's too early to tell if it will work yet but we seem to have a good group.  By their reaction to some things I can tell we have a lot in common.  By the end of the first session, their was already some small bit of bonding going on (that's pretty good for people dealing with social anxiety disorder).  I did sign a confidentiality agreement so there is a lot that I can't share, but I can admit to being in a group.  I have hopes that this group will help with my discomfort around people.  It may not cure the revulsion part.  (Natural part of a person who doesn't like people over much working in client service for too many years.)

On a side note, it's almost tax time.  I hate doing my taxes but I LOVE getting refunds.  I hope I will get a refund again this year, it will help a lot.

Well that's it for now, thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. SSSSSHHHHIIIIITTTTT! By being so positive here I tempted fate didn't I? Silver lining luck keeps happening.

    Car got broken, More money was missed because my papers got lost for 3 weeks (not covered by insurance for those 3 weeks, not even retroactivity) Cat got sick More stuff broken in the last week... Keeps getting better folks... I'm not even sharing all of it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...