October 22, 2011

I wish I wish I wish

I want to take a nice relaxing vacation.

I want to take trips, visit places, enjoy myself.

I want to be able to put on a bathing suit, go lie down in some hot sand with lots of sunscreen and fall asleep in the nice cocooning warmth.

I want to walk in historical places that are not the city where I live.  I want to see things that were build a very long time ago.

I want to see the pyramids.  The ones in Egypt where the pharaohs are interred

The ones in South America.










I want to visit crumbling castles, and some that are not so crumbling.












I want  to see the outbacks  and kangaroos

I want to see the forbidden city and the great wall.




I want to see the Eiffel Tower and Big Ben.



I want to see the Leaning tower and the Colosseum.



 I want to see so many things I just may never see.


I know they say I made this choice.  I say my choice does not have the same consequence for all.  I did not choose to be ill, but maybe I choose to be this limited.


I want so much more from this life that the hand I've been dealt.

And that is probably my biggest problem.  A psychologist told me to stop setting my sights so high, to learn to want less, to be satisfied with less.

But if you stop dreaming, do you not stagnate and die?  I've become old, maybe by the time I am truly old, once retired, maybe I will travel, if I can afford it by then.  If I have not died before retiring.

They say do not put off to tomorrow what can be done today.  They say live your life so you have no regrets.

I have way too many regrets...


Well thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...