January 30, 2012

Too Much Freezing Rain

This has been an odd winter.

Nothing compared to the winter of 1998 in that National Capital Region, but odd still

The weather is unpredictable and there is a lot of freezing rain.  I mean A LOT!

Cold and humidity are bad for me.  They each make me feel like the Tin Man from the Wizard of OZ (oddly enough that was my role in a skating play when I was 11)

Together I am an extra stiff and rusty Tin Man (humm I should say woman shouldn't I?)

So this winter has not been a good winter for me.  Since I sprained my ankle (in November) we have had several bouts of freezing rain.  In fact in the last week, we have had two episodes of freezing rain.

This makes for slippery roads and sidewalks.  Slippery everything. 

I am surprised there has not been more injuries so far this year.  Maybe there are but they are not so severe that they do not warrant be reported.  Maybe people are being more careful and are taking the conditions into considerations for once.

I know this is dorky, but I have been considering keeping a pair of skates in my car.  Some days the ground is so icy and slick, it would be much easier to move on it with skates and not seriously main or injure oneself.

I wonder what the rest of the winter has in store for us.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...